• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G6 or all Android?

Sept1967

Android Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2015
Buggy little annoyance.

Apps that are moved from internal storage to SD card, are moved back after that app gets an update.

Netflix and Speedtest are 2 examples. After they get an app update, I have to manually move them back to SD card storage.

SD card is just storage, not adoptable

LG made a decision not to include adoptable storage. I can see it in part: it's slower & wears the card faster, but I would prefer they gave people the choice (they could always add a warning explaining the implications).

It's more than 4 years since I moved apps to SD, so can't remember whether what you describe is generic or specific to this phone or those apps. I don't recall this happening back when I did use that (and that phone had so little storage that it would have been noticable), but I've seen other people report it since.

Reactions: dunnmj77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones