• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG On-Screen Phone works on my G3

Maine Coon

Android Expert
Nov 29, 2011
San Francisco
Hey gang,

LG is coooooool!

Just made LG On-Screen phone to work on my laptop with G3 thru Wifi.

I can control my phone from my laptop now.

More, I can control all my A/V thru QRemote from my laptop. :D

Here are the instructions, credit goes to Splashy2K from XDA.

I followed the instructions on the following thread and now LG OSP works with my G3.

The relevant post on the thread:
LG On-Screen Phone Issue - Post #17 - XDA Forum

I also installed the LG OSP APK on my G3.

Download link for LG OSP APK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdqgzpqy1x08xwi/com.lge.osp-2.apk

Download link for the D855 folder I created (copied from G2 folder and changed model name in all required places):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg526mu5rlgy3tw/LG-D855.rar

Reactions: numaniko
Found that same post and I'm using the OSP program right now on my T-Mobile D851 G3. Two notes about it.

1- It makes the ok' google hotkey detection stop working, to fix this just go into settings-apps-running and the stop the On-Screen Phone processes(when your not using OSP of course) and it will go back to working instantly.

2 - If your having trouble getting the OSP PC client to connect to your phone trying opening the app on your phone, it will only show directions on how to use the pc program but just bringing up that screen will start the OSP services in the background(sometimes the services will kick in automatically when you try to connect from the PC sometimes they don't).

Upvote 0
[Quote = "Maine Coon, post: 6702928, miembro: 779149"] Hey banda,

LG es coooooool!

Acaba de hacer LG teléfono On-Screen para trabajar en mi ordenador portátil con G3 a través de Wifi.

Puedo controlar mi teléfono de mi ordenador portátil ahora.

Más, puedo controlar todo mi A / V a través QREMOTE de mi ordenador portátil. : D

Aquí están las instrucciones, el crédito va a Splashy2K de XDA. [/ Quote]

Hola. ¡Gracias! OSP no venia instalado en mi Lg g3 y ya lo puedo ver en el PC. Pero ¿Sabe si puedo ver la pantalla de mi G3 en la tablet LG Pad?, ésta trae instalado el OSP pero no he podido hacer que funcione.
De nuevo gracias

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones