• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Optimus M+ Soft Bricked

First thing first, moderator, im posting for the lg optimus m+. Please dont move me there, that forum is dead, no one can help... i bricked my phone trying to cook a rom up for a few of the people over there and some how some way i soft bricked my phone, i had not one, but two!!! backups im stuck at the lg logo and cant get past it. im able to put it in download mode. (I have been tinkering with this thing all day and cannot find any forums on it anywhere on google!! and its driving me insane) I am installing ADB as we speak im going to give that a try and read over this forum. but will some of the steps in here allpy for all phones, or are they phone specific? If anyone can point me in the right way it would be greatly appreciate it. i have spent the past 18 hours on that rom and i was due to release it about 2 hours ago. but now. no more rom!! i just want to fix my phone lol. (And note to self dont work on a phone that theres nothing for and no other devs can give you a hand)

First thing first, moderator, im posting for the lg optimus m+. Please dont move me there, that forum is dead, no one can help... i bricked my phone trying to cook a rom up for a few of the people over there and some how some way i soft bricked my phone, i had not one, but two!!! backups im stuck at the lg logo and cant get past it. im able to put it in download mode. (I have been tinkering with this thing all day and cannot find any forums on it anywhere on google!! and its driving me insane) I am installing ADB as we speak im going to give that a try and read over this forum. but will some of the steps in here allpy for all phones, or are they phone specific? If anyone can point me in the right way it would be greatly appreciate it. i have spent the past 18 hours on that rom and i was due to release it about 2 hours ago. but now. no more rom!! i just want to fix my phone lol. (And note to self dont work on a phone that theres nothing for and no other devs can give you a hand)

From what I understand, you can download all stock firmware directly from LG.

For the Evo we have something called an RUU that returns the phone to stock and fixes most any soft brick. I have not used an LG but I would imagine you can do something similar with the stock firmware. I am going to move this into your section as to keep this thread on task because it's my job ;). I will put out a call to help from other staff members, I know we have some that are pro's with the LG phones! Hang tight, We'll try to get you back up and running!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones