• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus One keeps rebooting...

shawn10

Lurker
Jul 22, 2011
Is this happening to anyone else? My LG P500 (or whatever it's called) keeps randomly rebooting. This happened 4 times today, once while in a call. I did not jailbreak it or whatever, I don't know how to do that shit. I read somewhere that this may be because of the SD card? I gave 16GB transcend SD card apparently it's crap. I don't want to wipe anything off my phone, no reset or anything. What do I do?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have experienced the same thing, multiple reboots in one day, sometimes just froze and I had to manually reinsert the battery to make it restart. I think you won't like what I'm gonna say but here it is:

I sent my phone to have it fixed during the warranty period. The first time they replaced the whole main board. In 2 months, problem reappeared. This time, they replaced some cable. Guess what - the bloody thing rebooted within 30 minutes after I got it back. Third time they just updated firmware. After two weeks, same thing. So after some struggle I got a new phone - a different one.
So I'm sorry to say that I don't have any easy solution for you, you might have to go through this, too.

As to the SD card, I have 16gb sd card, too, and it worked perfectly with all the phones I had borrowed during the warranty repairs of my phone. So that probably isn't the problem.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones