1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General LG Spirit 4G Recharging Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fonners, Feb 6, 2014.

1. fonners

fonners Lurker
    None

Feb 6, 2014
    I am running into an issue with my LG 4G Spirit that I have had for a little over a year. Have never had any problems till the last few days. I leave the phone connected to it's charger most of the time with no problem. In the last few days I have noticed that it is acting very strange. Most of the time it will show only a chasrge of less than 50%, although sometimes it get's up in the 90's. I have changed receptacles, taken the USB cord out of the AC adapter and connected it to my computer. It will indicate 'charging' for a few minutes then shoe 'discharging'. I have left it plugged into another outlet last night and fing it showing charge up to 96% this morning. That is after seeing it change from charging to discharging several times last night while connected the same. It looks like either the battery is flakey or the USB connector is the problem.

Any ideas? I like the phone and would love to keep it.

Thanks

Bob

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Or you have very dangerous wiring in one of your outlets. The amount of current drawn by the charger and the voltage on it, and the voltage coming out of it, have to be monitored. This is a job for an electrician. Don't save a few bucks and electrocute yourself.

3. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

Do you have a replacement USB cord you can try?

They do "break" from time to time. It's pretty easy to prong the connection pins on the phone end actually.

Eliminate the simplest things first.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

4. PHP87

PHP87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2012
    Male
    A Burger King bathroom...
    I downloaded an app called "All in One Toolbox" that drained my Battery and would not let it take a full charge, even overnight.

Once I Uninstalled the app in Titanium Backup, no more problems.

Check and see if you have recently installed any apps around the time your battery issues started acting up.

Tags: