• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Spirit Lock Screen wallpaper issue

viicards

Aug 11, 2011
For some reason, my new phone will not allow me to set a CUSTOM wallpaper (not one of the pre-installed choices) of my own choosing in the LOCK SCREEN. I can set the home screen wallpaper, but not the lock screen. It sure "acts" like it's allowing me to do so, but each time I try, it reverts back to the stock one. My HTC EVO allowed me to do this easily, as did my GF's Thunderbolt, but this darn phone will not allow it. I have tried .bmp and .jpg formats and neither works.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Just tested changing the lock screen wallpaper. Works perfectly. I went into gallery, viewed a picture, hit the hard options button then clicked set image as then last but not least the lock screen wallpaper. Selected the size and clocked save. And poof.. works good.

Only threw in the procedure in there to show my process. Lol. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Image size does not seem to be the issue. I have tried to use a picture taken with the phone's camera at the lowest resolution, and I have created an image on the computer precisely at 960x540 pixels (which I believe the screen size is), and neither works. I have also tried to set it using TWO methods:

1) via the settings as described in the above post by Nash Enders
2) long-pressing the image itself, which brings about the set-image-as option, then pressing on the Lock screen wallpaper option and "save". It appears to save/set, but then it reverts to the stock (first) image within the wallpaper gallery.

Now the truly bizarre part is that it does allow me to to change, via the settings method, the lockscreen image to one of the ten pre-installed ones in the wallpaper gallery and that does save ok, however if I try to use an image of my own, it not only does not work, but it causes the lockscreen to revert to the first image (the one with the tree). WTF is going on here?

Upvote 0
Image size does not seem to be the issue. I have tried to use a picture taken with the phone's camera at the lowest resolution, and I have created an image on the computer precisely at 960x540 pixels (which I believe the screen size is), and neither works. I have also tried to set it using TWO methods:

1) via the settings as described in the above post by Nash Enders
2) long-pressing the image itself, which brings about the set-image-as option, then pressing on the Lock screen wallpaper option and "save". It appears to save/set, but then it reverts to the stock (first) image within the wallpaper gallery.

Now the truly bizarre part is that it does allow me to to change, via the settings method, the lockscreen image to one of the ten pre-installed ones in the wallpaper gallery and that does save ok, however if I try to use an image of my own, it not only does not work, but it causes the lockscreen to revert to the first image (the one with the tree). WTF is going on here?

sounds like a glitch in the phones software. putting my own wallpaper on the lockscreen works fine for me.

Upvote 0
2013-03-23-19-32-35_zps2777f01b.jpg

Same here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones