• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LGNPST won't work on my PC

Lawkev

Sep 10, 2011
Hi,

I have tried to follow the instructions found here for downgrading from 2.2.2. I am getting stuck because LGNPST won't work. I am running Windows 7. When I click the short cut on the desk to I get an error message so I click the icon from the C drive. It starts then I get a message saying it is not working and it shuts down. Gingerbreak is not working. Also in Joneidy's post he mentiones: "**Then drag the MS690.dll file on top of the Reggie.exe file to register the MS690.dll file.** <---- Very Important step, Make sure to have Administrator Rights." When I do the I hear a "bung" sound and I get a message. I don't know if that is normal.

Thank You

Hi,

I have tried to follow the instructions found here for downgrading from 2.2.2. I am getting stuck because LGNPST won't work. I am running Windows 7. When I click the short cut on the desk to I get an error message so I click the icon from the C drive. It starts then I get a message saying it is not working and it shuts down. Gingerbreak is not working. Also in Joneidy's post he mentiones: "**Then drag the MS690.dll file on top of the Reggie.exe file to register the MS690.dll file.** <---- Very Important step, Make sure to have Administrator Rights." When I do the I hear a "bung" sound and I get a message. I don't know if that is normal.

Thank You

I dont know if you fixed it but if you have not an would like some help look up team viewer and download and install it and pm me a time that will work and we can go from there.
it should not be too much trouble usually its one of 3 things, first being if you did not reboot between installing all components it does not work.

Reactions: Lawkev
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones