• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

light bleeding at bottom of screen

I have a similar problem, although it doesnt seem to be coming from the lights for the buttons. Just above the menu button, there is about a centimeter spot that is way brighter than the rest of the screen. it happens even when teh button lights are off, so i know its from the screen itself. I will be exchanging sometime this week, as its really noticeable and annoying with a white screen, like while web browsing.

I swear these are the same people that start yelling and screaming when someone mentions the bad qualities of this phone. They need PERFECTION! iPhoners were 10x worse though. I say one guy on a forum exchange his over 10 times.

Well sorry I paid 500 dollars for a device that i want to work correctly. I could live with it if it was a cheapo 50 dollar phone, but i paid good money for a quality device.

Upvote 0
hey i know what your saying but htc is known for quality products but nothing is perfect & this fixes the fault. I am sure however made these phones for the first shipment must have got the screw torque values wrong. i would have done this with the first one but I pre ordered from both Radio Shack & Best buy so I was able to replace mine quickly. Although your problem is leaking in other direction. I doubt this fix would help. and lets try to remember. that's what these forum are all about...to help each other.

Upvote 0
Mine look very similar to this. Here is a very very easy fix. Remove the rear cover. Have a T5 hex head screw driver, it is very small. I had one for my Palm Pre because the screws were loose. by the way I exchanged mine for another du to this fault. Got my new one today, not as bad but still present. I found the two lower screws were actually loose!! I must have turned those two screws about 2 degrees, checked & light leak is gone. Checked others & they were tight. There is one screw with a tapering cover on it. Do NOT remove that covering. The rest were tight anyway just bottom 2 were loose. I am sure this will take care of the fault. remember DO NOT over tighten. Just go a couple of degrees & fault will disappear. I was really worried about keeping this phone due to this even though I really love the phone. I was thinking....poor build quality like my Pre but I am really happy now!! Thank God.

I just tried this and it did not work. I think it may work with very small leakage problems but the light leakage particularly below my home button is significant. Damn it.

Upvote 0
i have a little below my home and search buttons, also on the left side of the screen. its only noticeable when i have the brightness turned all the way up (obviously). i like to have the brightness turned alll the way down. at first it seemed too dim, but i gotta say i love it. i was pushing ever so gently on the bottom of the screen and noticed it was a little loose. ill buy a hex screw driver tomorrow and hopefully itl help

Upvote 0
Yea it would also seem mine has a gap far too large for a little tightening. As I tightened it no evidence of change. Guess I'll be returning it this weekend in hopes of better luck. I just don't want dust to be an issue. If I can clearly see dust in the crevasse of light I'm willing to bet it'll get where I don't want it to be soon enough.

Upvote 0
One thing for anyone concerned about dust entering through those areas (assuming it could, which it may not be able to);

The seidio case (that II thing) covers that bottom area with the little lip that goes all around it.

I have the slight amount of light and will be looking at tightening the screws also.

Upvote 0
This is normal any other bleeding, Exchange!

35nd5r9.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones