1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Limiting Google account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D6c, Aug 15, 2014.

1. D6c

D6c Lurker

Bear with me: I'm new to Android and Google accounts

I'd like to be able to download apps and use the calendar on my Moto G but to do so I'm required to have a Google account and seem to have to either link my existing email or create a Gmail account.

I have no problem with having a Google account but don't wish to sync the calendar with other devices and don't wish to have emails coming to my phone.

How can I do this?

Advertisement

2. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher

First welcome to the forums. If you don't sign into your google account on any other devices they won't sync to that account. This includes app data, contacts, and the calender. And if you don't wish to receive emails you may disable the gmail app on the moto g.

3. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

You might also check out alternative calendar apps like Business Calendar. You can have a calendar that does not sync to the cloud. You can also simply turn off all syncing of Gmail as well.

4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Also, if you just don't want Gmail syncing, you can go into Settings>Accounts>Google>select your account and then just uncheck what you don't want synced.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews