• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Link Facebook pictures to contacts in phone

Figured it out:

I had all my contacts transferred from my Inc 1 to the Inc 2 and then my facebook pictures were not linking. I signed into facebook friend stream app on the Inc 2 and then I had many duplicate contacts appear on my phone and still no pictures.

Steps I did to resolve the issue.

1. Open contacts and exported the contact file to the sd card.

2. Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Contacts Storage > Clear Data

3. Open Gmail acct. on computer

4. Click Contacts

5. Click More Actions > Import from sd card

6. Find and merge duplicates

7. Finished facebook should automatically link pics now and no more duplicate phone entries.

Upvote 0
How do I link my facebook contact pictures with their contact in my phone?

I can see all my facebook friends on my phone and their picture but it doesn't update the contacts that were already in my phone

It SHOULD be as simple as signing into Facebook for HTC Sense and going into Menu->settings->accts and sync and making sure the contacts box is checked under Facebook for Sense.

Every now and this over the course of a few hours it will ask you to link contacts to their FB counterpart along w suggestions, OR you could just go at that point and link them manually by going into People and tapping the link button at the top right.

Upvote 0
It SHOULD be as simple as signing into Facebook for HTC Sense and going into Menu->settings->accts and sync and making sure the contacts box is checked under Facebook for Sense.

Every now and this over the course of a few hours it will ask you to link contacts to their FB counterpart along w suggestions, OR you could just go at that point and link them manually by going into People and tapping the link button at the top right.

if only it was that simple

I did both things you suggested and no luck

Upvote 0
what did you select when you FIRST opened FB on your phone re: how to sync w contacts?

I signed into facebook and then went to menu > settings > account and sync and synced facebook

then checked my contacts and no pictures were synced then I tried to link each contact in my phonebook to their facebook acct. and nothing happened

then i deleted my facebook on the phone and downloaded facebook for droid from the market and tried that way. still no luck

only thing that worked was an app called syncmypics. this worked fine but I didn't like the workaround plus I had duplicate contacts

so then I did the options which I posted above and now it works fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones