• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Link sim and phone contacts

Hi, I just got my first smart phone yesterday, htc wildfire. I finally got my contacts onto it by using bluetooth, htcsync did not work for me, it was trying to connect but timed out every time.

My question is: I have 3 versions of the same contact, each with a different numbers - I can link the contacts that are on the phone but not the one that is on the sim card... how can I transfer the contact from the sim to the phone so that I can likn all 3?

I am a newbi so please be patient...

FergusF:)

Hello fergusf , Welcome!

Yes. it's very annoying.
To transfer (COPY) the sim contacts to phone.
People - MENU button - view and you select just SIM.
Then you go back to the contact list. MENU button again - import export - import from SIM.

Then you select to view only phone and you should have only the contacts stored in the phone.

PS: you will have to link one by one. :)

Ps2: see also: http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...ransfer-my-contacts-sim-phone-thanks-lot.html

cheers,
Madalin

Upvote 0
Hi

Yes. You go to 'PEOPLE' click on the contact that i suppose you have two numbers stored for it ( like mobile, home, work, etc ) - once entered in it's page you should have the number list, you just hold your finger on the number you want to set as primary and a menu will appear. then select - "Set as primary number"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Madalin

Upvote 0
The lists that apps ask for access to are ambiguous.

For example, a music application may ask for access to your Phone calls. Thats odd why is that?

Well, if you're listening to music and you receive a phone call, the app sees that event and allows you to receive it instead of continuing to play music etc.

I'd like to say it was common sense but it really isn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones