• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Linking Contacts? Help?

AcBush

Jun 14, 2010
Kennewick, WA
Hi all!

I got the EVO the day after it was released, and am very happy with it. But, one thing I am having trouble understanding is possibly related to FriendStream (or maybe not).

I have contacts that are linked to the contacts FaceBook profile - but how do I update that (for example if that contact changes their picture?).

Also, how come I have a contact that I've linked/unlinked repeatdly but it still won't show their picture? It just has the default no picture icon...still.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also have an issue with the linked contacts. I have contacts from facebook, contacts from Exchange, Google, and now Touchdown. Once linked ... you are able to choose their picture and/or their name (my Exchange contacts are Last Name, First Name while the others are First Name Last Name). I prefer Last Name, First Name so I try to set all my linked contacts that way. Once set they will change back on their own randomly. They also change the photos I have for them. I try to change them to the Photos I want, but they will also change back randomly to another photo.

This seems to be some kind of bug. I haven't tried turning off Google Sync to see if that is the culprit. I have removed Facebook for Sense sinking and the names and pictures still revert back on their own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones