• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loading times

Thefoodman52

Android Expert
Dec 1, 2009
I'm starting to notice...and I think this issue is correlated directly to the SD card that comes with our phone... but it seems to be quite slow. I say this, because I notice quite often that my music has short to medium pauses between tracks (off the SD), and if I do anything else while it's playing back, like say.... downloading something through the browser (I use Dolphin, everything is set to save onto SD as well as the cache) my music will skip and jump mid-playback. It's been like this since I got it, and it's been getting worse the more stuff I put onto it. I know that it's normal for any storage drive's write/read speeds to drop proportionately as the free space is taken up by data, but it's starting to become an issue with what I would consider 'normal' usage. The SD card we got with the phone is only a Class 2, but I've yet to have these kinds of problems with any other class 2 cards.

Should I get a Class 4 or 6 and see if it fixes the problem? (money isn't really an issue, I just don't want to be paying $115 for an SD card. Hell, I could get a 500gb HDD for my computer at that price!)

I haven't had these issues with my Evo, and my SD card (that came with the phone) has less than a gig left of space. Let it be known that my phone's rooted however, I don't know if that actually makes a difference in SD read/write times. Another thing is I don't save cache or install apps on my SD card.

It may very well be a faulty card, so perhaps you could attempt to exchange it at Sprint?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones