• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loans of mine

Justin asking for my funds

Attachments

• qr.png
    qr.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 260
Well I haven't got them...

Seriously, what are you asking? My first thought when I saw the QR code was that this might be something spammy, but after scanning it I think you may be asking for help in using it. But if so you really don't want to post the code itself where anybody can access it, especially not if it's from a high-interest loan company.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
QR code contains a bitcoin uri (I 'scanned' with (PC) based decode utility)

This AF.com board/channel refers to an Android application
The referenced Android application looks like a scam/spam application? On the Google Play store It has many 1 star reviews which allude to various malicious activities...

Upvote 0
"Some kind of UK bank"?? Surely if you have received a loan it should go to you?

I'm afraid I know nothing about this app. But if that QR code is anything to do with your actual loan I would not post it publicly. You have a bitcoin uri encoded there (I'd also scanned it before I first posted), just telling people what it is will be enough that anyone who knows will be able to tell you what to do with it, it seems risky to me to make the actual code public.

Upvote 0
'Some kind of UK bank'?? Surely if you have received a loan it should go to you?
I'm afraid I know nothing about this app. But if that QR code is anything to do with your actual loan I would not post it publicly. You have a bitcoin uri encoded there (I'd also scanned it before I first posted), just telling people what it is will be enough that anyone who knows will be able to tell you what to do with it, it seems risky to me to make the actual code public.
thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Justin. As suggested in your other thread, your best course of action is to contact the providers of the "Cash in an hour" app if you're having problems with it.

https://androidforums.com/threads/my-name-is-justin-financial-question.1151360/

According to the app description, you should have received a loan offer. Following acceptance of this, the money should go into your bank account. Here's the description from the app page on the Play Store:

How it Works

Our service is completely free and all repayment terms are between you and the lender. Each lender has different loan terms, such as the loan amount, the APR for the loan, repayment schedules, etc.

We understand you need help, and you need it quickly. Getting the money you deserve should be simple and painless. This is actually how we have designed our process.

First, complete our no-obligation 5-minute application. It is simple and straight forward: we only ask you for information we need to approve your loan. Immediately after you submit your application, we can match you with a lender. If your not matched, we will tell you.

Upon approval with a third party lender, you will be presented with a loan offer. This will be a detailed document explaining your loan with complete rate and fee disclosure. If everything looks good, you can accept the loan offer using your e-signature. If the loan offer does not satisfy your needs, simply decline. There is never any obligation to accept the loan!

If you choose to accept the loan offered, your funds will automatically be deposited into your bank account. The latest you will receive your funds is usually one business day.

Reactions: kate and Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones