• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locale Plugin Quasi-Creator

CriticalCritic

Android Expert
Nov 9, 2009
Cary, NC
I would love to see a plugin for Locale that creates an on/off option in locale for the phone's app list.
Currently, there is a plugin that allows Locale to launch an app when a particular situation is triggered. But there is no option for Locale to kill an app when entering a situation.
This type of triggered situation (app specific) app-launcher/killer would basically turn any other app into a quasi-plugin for locale.

Ex. Do you have an app that reads SMS or E-mails out loud? Want to set it to launch when on the road, but want it automatically dead when you are at work or at home?
Or maybe a lock screen app that you want to have killed when you are at home, but enabled when you are everywhere else?
Or how about your phone automatically launching Pandora when you get on the road, or automatically killing it at night after you have been listening to it while trying to get to sleep?
I'm sure there are many more options that I cannot even conceive.

Having an app launcher/killer plugin for Locale, that fundamentally allows all apps to operate as plugins, would be very very useful in the ever-expanding android market. Plus it could essentially trump all the other plugins... It's a very effective and highly profitable app that I would write myself, if I could write it myself:rolleyes:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones