• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen can't disable password

A

Android Question

I'm trying to disable the lock screen password on my phone but it doesn't allow me to select the swipe or no password options. It says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". Does anyone know why it's doing this? Thanks!

If you device was given to you by your employer they could have a policy that forces you to have some sort of lockscreen protection. My company makes me do this for my device.

Ultimately there really isn't a way around it - you can't typically root your device either because that will disable the link your device has to your company and your employer would not very much like that.

However, if this is not the case then I would suggest to go into a store and ask a rep because it sounds like there are some issues with your device that might require your carrier to address.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones