• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen not unlocking...

BiggusDiccus

Dec 10, 2009
My wife's Eris will frequently not allow her to open the lock page. It's like the screen becomes totally unresponsive. There is no lock-out pattern stored, it's all stock. If someone calls we can use the hard answer button but can't answer a call on the touch screen from the lock screen. The only way to fix it is to pull the battery and restart it. But this seems to be temporary since the problem comes back every few days, but not all the time. The "experts" at verizon told her just to keep pulling the battery every time this happens. :thinking:
My question to you all is....WTF?
Is there another way to open the lock screen? Like with the trackball or something?
This sucks.

"Just keep pulling the battery"... Awesome :rolleyes:

I know, I am glad I was not there when they told her that. It's so unfair that these morons can walk around in our society and say ignorant things like this without recourse, but if I smack one of them upsode the head, as they so desperately deserve, then I am the bad guy.

I think Verizon only hires people that aren't qualified to get a job at Best Buy....:eek:

Upvote 0
I experience the same thing. Mine seems to freeze when the phone gets warm/hot. Mine often happens while the phone is charging. The only buttons that work are my hardware ones. Menu, home, etc don't respond even with a vibration. If I let my phone cool off, the screen starts responding again w/out having to pull the battery. One time I even stuck it in fridge for about 5 mins. It also seems to stop responding from heat while streaming music om Pandora or Iheartradio. Anyone else notice this? It really frustrates me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones