• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked out of phone

Long story/vicious cycle short.
Toddler tried lock screen on note 8 so locked out. Then tried to access Samsung and said didn't know the password (only ever typed password in once :/ ) so went to get into Google to change Samsung password to unlock my note 8. Well I have 2 step on and it won't let me do it cause can't unlock phone to click yes. So around we go...after tons of calls and online chat with Samsung and at&t a Samsung tech tells me to hard reset it. K no prob..... (Lying!)
She forgot I couldn't access Gmail. So now I need enter synced Gmail account.... Guess what... Can't click verify.... Now locked out of Gmail. Google won't verify it's my account...putting Sim in another phone doesn't work....using either of the other Gmail's that were synced to my phone work. Geek squad so computers are down. Samsung said I had mail in and could take 6 weeks. Please freaking help me!!!!!!!! There has to be a way to either bypass the registration or regain access to my Gmail account. If I had the money I'd hire a hacker. So please help me I am just so done.
I've tried everything I could research or a tech support has told me. I need outside the box help!

https://www.androidcentral.com/what-do-if-youre-locked-out-your-phone-after-resetting-it

These protocols are on place to help make sure your phone is not vaulcbed if its stolen.

Just like with anything, this setup is not perfect.

The link above can help.

If you have 2FA turned on your account you use for the note 8, and if you have not reset the phone back to factory,

You can try to add another device (phone) to your google account and set it up for 2FA.

So this way you now on your account you have two devices thsat will send you a 2FA code. Then on the second device you can get the notification and unlock.

reading the above link will get you started.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones