• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LockScreen Issue

FloridaNoob

Jan 25, 2013
Ok. I swear I just seem to be here complaining or having issues. But to be honest it is a great phone. My GF is just having some issues and I think it is just a learning curve. She has enabled pattern lock. But now for some reason she seems to not be able to turn off pattern lock and enable either none or just plan swipe. She knows where to do it. Just for some reason it isn't allowing her the none or swipe options. Anyone else run into this and if so is it just a security issue? How can she get it back to jus swipe? Thanks as always for the great and quick answers. I know I am gonna be happy with it starting this coming weekend when she goes back to a Galaxy. She is a Samsung fan. As she has used them forever. Me I love the LGs even if this one is a bit different than other LGs I have used.

If you or her setup a patterlock then the password code its should be good to go i just change my swipes to pattern.. And chand back and everything was ok... If you still have issues just go to system setting / apps /all / lockscreen settings and clear default... Clear cache... N it should b good to go... But then U would have to setup how ever U had it customized

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe mine is different. I have the Boost flavor. I hold down Square, pick "Lock Screen", pick "Select screen lock", enter my knock code pattern. Then I have the options: None, Swipe, Knock Code, Pattern, PIN, and Password. They are all enabled and I currently have Knock Code checked.

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe mine is different. I have the Boost flavor. I hold down Square, pick "Lock Screen", pick "Select screen lock", enter my knock code pattern. Then I have the options: None, Swipe, Knock Code, Pattern, PIN, and Password. They are all enabled and I currently have Knock Code checked.
Same as mine... Im on mpcs... But did you clear defaults too or forcestop and clear data?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones