• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

logitech m585 bluetooth mouse won't connect

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
I have a galaxy tab s5e. I opened it today, and bluetooth was toggled off. The mouse was connected before, but won't connect now. My bluetooth keyboard is connected.

The mouse is also connected to my PC. I just had to change the receiver yesterday, and use the unifying software to pair the mouse. Works fine on my desktop. is the receiver change responsible part of the problem?

I discovered the answer on my own, and had to tell Logitech tech support how to do it after I discovered the instructions they gave me thru email were incomplete.

Their instructions:

Set your Logitech device in ‘pairing mode’
  • In order for the computer to see your Logitech device, you need to put your Logitech device in discoverable mode or pairing mode.
  • Make sure your device is turned ON
  • Hold down the Bluetooth/Connectivity button for three seconds, until the LED starts blinking rapidly. This indicates that the device is ready for pairing.
I had already explained to them that the mouse would not "connect", It was already "paired', and was displayed in the paired list.

I decided to remove it from being "paired", start from scratch, and then use their instructions. That worked right away.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones