• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lollipop 5.1 major issue! system partition

fp_23

Jul 30, 2014
Son of a beech!

I have a nexus 10 I win used in an auction on eBay. I immediately upgrade to 5.1

Rooted it/unlocked bootloader.

The issue started once I attempted to install busy box. I received assign error saying the system partition is full (NOT INTERNAL STORAGE)

I attempted to delete system apps that are readily available on Google play (thinking that'd free some space in the.system partition)

Nope. Every single root system app uninstaller wouldn't work. Wouldn't let me uninstall the system apps.

Ok fine. I uninstall updates to system apps and.disable them.

Nope. System partition appears to be expanding/shrinking with whatever the size the.system apps are. So if I uninstall updates the system partition shrinks by the exact size of the apps. If I apply updates
The system partition grows just enough to support the updates

So I have root/twrp but no room for anything else that needs to be in the system partition....like busy box.

I noticed some of these root system app uninstaller apps give me a segmentation fault error as do some commands in terminal emulator. Even under #su

How can I fix this? Other than this the update plays extremely nice with my nexus 10

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones