• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop or stay with kit-kat

skelms

Aug 23, 2012
Japan
I just ordered the shield tablet from amazon, it should be here in a few days, and I am wondering if I should let the tablet update to lollipop or stay on kit kat. I have read some problems with lollipop like memory leakage and battery issues.
Do the benefits of Lollipop out weigh the glitches?
I haven't used xposed on my current tablet. I know that in lollipop you can't use xposed

Reactions: greenkarl18
I have the 8" Nvidia Shield tablet and love it ,I wished I would have stayed with KitKat had no problems what so ever,after upgrading to Lollipop 5.1 some of my games would not work and battery had no extra life I could tell.took forever for my games to send a update so I could play them again.Some people like it,but I wished I would have stayed with KitKat,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones