• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop T-Mobile Note 3 Battery Life

Bodycount

Android Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2012
Columbus, OH
I've read reports about how battery life suffers after updating to 5.0.

Well so far my battery life has been exponentially better.

My phone comes off the charger at 7:30 AM every weekday. I would check my battery at 5:30 PM when I got home. When I had 4.4.2, I had around 40% battery life left with little use during the day. Sometimes 30%. Sometimes 50%. Now with 5.0 installed (thanks T-Mobile for getting it out so fast), my battery life when I get home is around 85% to 90% with the same use as before. A new feature with 5.0 is now it shows estimated time to zero battery and mine says it can last 3-4 days on a full charge.

Now I understand part of the improvement came from doing a full reset of the phone. I had to after upgrading because my settings would crash every time I would open it. But I believe 5.0 contributed most of the improvement.

Now I can't wait for T-Mobile to bring out 5.1. I'm sure it will be soon since the main part of the patch is HD Voice on their network.

My co-worker with a Sprint Note 4 is still waiting for his update. He's still on 4.4.4 and really mad I got it first ;)

Reactions: pcdebb

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones