• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for 2 stock eris apps for my droid

UGAdroid

Nov 28, 2009
Georgia
My wife has the eris. There are a couple of default apps that she has, that I would like to get on my Droid (or something similar). I just havent been able to find them on the market yet...

1. Favorite contacts app (displays pic of contacts in a grid style)
2. Bookmarks app (also displays bookmarks in grid style)

If either of these are available, I probably wont get both, because i know they would take up an entire screen (right?), but just want to see whats out there...

There's a similar bookmarks app called LiveBookmarks, but it lists your bookmarks instead of giving you a thumbnail grid view. And its a folder widget thing that you click on and it expands to a window similar to the Hero's bookmark widget. In that regard, I like it a little better because it only takes up a 1x1 space instead of a whole screen.

Can't help you with the contacts. I've come across a grid style view contact app I think, but I never found anything as cool as the HTC People app. I'd pay for the People app with all its cool Facebook, SMS, and email integratedness.

Upvote 0
Confused a bit on this. Are you saying you want a WIDGET for these?

The default Contacts app has a Favorites section (big Star) and I keep my right screen reserved for icons of contacts only including straight contacts (with Facebook pictures) and Direct Dial numbers. That's room for a minimum of 16 favorites which, in my view, is a decent number of favorites.

Now thinking about it, what I wouldn't mind seeing is an app that supports transparency that would support scrolling on this screen (or any of the three) and then you could still have your wallpaper but have the contacts, icons, etc., just scroll up or down as needed.

Hmmmm..... That must exist out there.

It'd be even more interesting if you could say, set the widget to half the length of the screen and use two of these widgets on it and scroll either. Contacts up top, bookmarks below... whatever....

Upvote 0
My wife has the eris. There are a couple of default apps that she has, that I would like to get on my Droid (or something similar). I just havent been able to find them on the market yet...

1. Favorite contacts app (displays pic of contacts in a grid style)
2. Bookmarks app (also displays bookmarks in grid style)

If either of these are available, I probably wont get both, because i know they would take up an entire screen (right?), but just want to see whats out there...

Not sure if you have seen either of them....

aContacts has the "Grid Style" favorites like the Eris.
Asurion's PhoneBook looks really slick, yet is only for 1.6...supposedly coming out for 1.5 & 2.0 soon.... Asurion Mobile AddressBook - Bring Your AddressBook To Life!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones