• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a new phone, need advice

You are giving a tough call because right now not a lot of phones are running ICS. As far as I know, there are two types of phones with ICS:
1. Phones launched with ICS: currently only the Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, S and V. I am not sure when the One V will reach UK as well, but wikipedia says it will launch on 26 April.
2. Phones upgradable to ICS: You have more options in this category, and some of them are already running ICS. If you really have to get ICS now and are on a tight budget, you can give HTC Sensation, Sensation XE a look (probably Galaxy S2 as well). My Sensation is now running ICS and I have nothing to complain about it. Compared to the One V, the Sensation is way more powerful.

Upvote 0
Older models not being upgraded isn't exactly standard, its more like older models don't have enough hardware power.
I hadn't really though of that, I just sort of assumed that if I bought an android phone I'd be able to get the latest software version, ah well.
I'm looking around for a cheap sensation xe, looks better than the one v, thanks for the suggestions!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones