• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for android-sdk-windowstools folder

jayv2251

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
I have two Android devices, neither of which have a lot of memory installed. Both do offer external microSD support which I would like utilize. I found some instructions on how to force apps onto the external card, but I cannot find the file that I need to use in order to do so. That directory being android-sdk-windowstools. I just downloaded and installed Android Studio 3.01 but cannot find that folder. Unless there's a better way for me to use the ADB shell so I can use the command "pm setinstallLocation 2" command.

While I'm thinking about it, if I can force apps to the external card, is there a way to force these devices to accept larger sd cards? Both the Samsung Tab 4 (sm-t230u) and my ZTE N817 are suppose to recognize up to 32GB. Every so often you can even catch Walgreens selling 64GB's cheap. Right now they've a 32GB on sale for $16.99!!!

Upvote 0
I have two Android devices, neither of which have a lot of memory installed. Both do offer external microSD support which I would like utilize. I found some instructions on how to force apps onto the external card, but I cannot find the file that I need to use in order to do so. That directory being android-sdk-windowstools. I just downloaded and installed Android Studio 3.01 but cannot find that folder. Unless there's a better way for me to use the ADB shell so I can use the command "pm setinstallLocation 2" command.

No ideas about that one at all, I'm not a developer.

While I'm thinking about it, if I can force apps to the external card, is there a way to force these devices to accept larger sd cards? Both the Samsung Tab 4 (sm-t230u) and my ZTE N817 are suppose to recognize up to 32GB. Every so often you can even catch Walgreens selling 64GB's cheap. Right now they've a 32GB on sale for $16.99!!!

I believe it's actually a hardware limitation, that older devices can only use up to 32GB micro-SDs, which are SDHC technology. Newer larger capacity (>32GB) micro-SDs and compatible devices use SDXC. Have no ideas what would happen if you tried.

Reactions: James L
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones