• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for App...

Insannik

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
Hello everyone,

About 3 weeks ago I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy SIII which is currently running Android 4.1.2.

I've been looking around for apps to change a few things but I haven't found any good ones yet so maybe you guys can help me.

1) I would like to have an app that changes the regular Android smileys to different smileys because I don't like the green ones. (using the regular messaging service the device provides)

2) I would like to be able to change the background of the messages to full white. I'm kinda sick of the dark colors and if you put a full white pic it becomes gray because of the way android works.. Maybe there is an app that changes this?

3) Am I able to download different Bubble styles/colors for the messaging?

4) Are there any apps/themes I should definitely have to make my device look better? :)

That's all for now I think :)

If anyone knows an answer to any of these questions, please feel free to post below. I would like to NOT ROOT the device :)

Thanks in advance
Kind regards,
Insannik.

P.S. does anyone know when a new version of android is coming out for the Galaxy SIII?

1, 2 and 3 - try the different messaging apps until you find one you like. None will have everything just the way you want it, but one might be better than the others.

4 - "look better" is a value judgement. What may look better to me may be sickening to you. No one can tell you what you're going to like.

New version? You mean KitKat? For your phone? For your carrier?

First, Google has to develop it. (Done.) Then Samsung has to do its things to it, individually for each model of each phone. (Still in the works for some, not even started for others.) Then the carrier has to to its thing (add bloat, turn off features you'd probably want but it wants to be able to charge you for, etc.) THEN it gets pushed out by the carrier.

So if your carrier hasn't issued a probable release date for your model phone, anything you hear has a long way to go before it's as close as being a wild guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones