• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for data recovery experts (android 12 phone) professionals for a paid consultancy opportunity

samsungs21

Lurker
Apr 27, 2023
Hello all,

I accidentally got my photos erased from my samsung phone running android 12. The case is complex and most people tell me it's not possible to recover the data. While I definitely don't want to be fed false hope or placebo data recovery solutions, the erased photos mean a lot to me, and I would like a confirmation from a reputed DATA RECOVERY EXPERT that given my set of circumstances it's indeed hopeless, before I let go of this. So far I only have opinions of a few local tech people and a couple of forum members that it's impossible.

Anyone with a track record and expertise specifically in data recovery on android 12 / top-range samsung phones can help?

I am willing to pay consultancy fees in advance and also a bonus in case of successful data recovery.

Thanks!

It's going to depend largely on whether those data files have been overwritten: and the longer the phone is used, the worse the situation gets. I know how I would feel if I lost precious photos from my phone... and I'm sure you've already heard the lecture about the importance of backups so I'll spare you.

That said, I would not leave this to someone local. You'll probably want to search online for "forensic file recovery" and look at their reviews. There's no guarantee that they can recover all your data (if any), and it's not cheap. Good luck.

Upvote 0
If you didn't bother with setting up some kind of backup solution before, now is the time to do so. From this point onward you shouldn't expect your phone to be a dependable sole source to retain your data. Smartphones are just not a safe to be used as long-time archiving. They get lost, damaged, or corrupted, or in this instance photos inadvertently deleted. Backups are important.
Try Samsung's Smart Switch utility, it might already be installed on your phone
There's also Samsung's basic backup service in the Settings menu, as is Google's (that covers Google data and Google services).

I'd suggest you just accept you've lost those precious photos and move forward past this. You can continue hoping there's a magic fix for this, and you can throw money away to those claiming to be able to restore your photos, but at some point you have this phone that you should be using to serve your needs, not getting yourself more and more frustrated.

Upvote 0
Yes, as far as I know, it's not possible to recover deleted data if it was saved on the phone. The reason is that the encryption key gets wiped along with the phone. Even if you read all the sectors from the memory chips, the data will still be encrypted.

However, if your data was saved on a microSD card, then there's a chance for recovery. My uncle successfully recovered data with the help of these experts: https://platinumdatarecovery.com/microsd-cards-data-recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I once faced a data loss issue myself and, after a lot of searching and skepticism, decided to consult Salvagedata. They didn't make any grand promises right off the bat, but they did have the expertise to handle a wide range of devices. It was their professionalism and clear communication that stood out to me.

If you are looking for an expert opinion, you can contact them and you will get the clarity you need. They will be able to assess your situation and give you a definite answer about the feasibility of data recovery in your particular case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones