• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for dimensions on extended batteries

jerofld

Fixing stuff is not easy
May 10, 2011
Over there <points>
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the dimensions on the 'super' extended cells that are available for the Evo 3D. Just the cells themselves, not the covers or anything. I have this idea for a extended cell in the slimmest possible case, preferably one with a kickstand. I have some ideas on what case to use and how to modify the case, but buying 3 or 4 extended batteries to see if this is plausible seems excessively expensive. So if some of you who have extended cells could please give me length x width x height and the brand/model/capacity of your cell, I'd be greatly appreciative. And, of course, I will post my findings and any possible instructions if I get my idea to work.

Specifically, I'm looking for dimensions on:

Trexcell 3500 mAh cell

Gorilla Gadgets 3400 mAh cell

Incredicell 3500 mAh cell

But I'd also consider, but would try to avoid due to price:

Seidio 3400 mAh and 4000 mAh.

Murgen Power 3600 mAh

Or any other cells you can provide details on.

Thanks guys/gals!

From what I recall all of the batteries you listed with the exception of the Seidio Batteries are going to be a 2 cell configuration using cells that are
5.4(thickness) x 51(width) x48(length) mm
There is also a PCB attached to the cells which adds approximately 5 mm to the length of the battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones