• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for offline contacts backup/restore

I have a new HTC Hero and TELUS imported the contacts from my old (OLD) Motorola i570 dumbphone. I need to do a lot of cleanup of the data, including specifying proper first/last names, merging postal and e-mail address data from my Palm TX's database, etc.

I used "Contacts Manager" to export my phone-based contacts to an XML file on the SD card. It can apparently import an XML file as well, but I can't get it to work. It always complains about importing a directory instead of a file.

Contacts Manager v1.1 Application for Android | Tools

So now I'm looking for another app that can overwrite my phone's contacts database with new data from an XML or CSV file. I would really prefer not to send all this information up to Google. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones