• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to ty the smart home thing

Contra1971

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
then just today fell into a bit of a pickle
here is what I found out today with a couple phone calls

I had Vivint come by about 2 years ago to install a touch pad on the wall and a couple door sensors, I paid for this with my credit card and signed the iPad with my finger, but what I did't do (but should have)
was scroll up because what I signed was a contract not just the receipt!

it was a contract locking me in for 60 months of monitoring

I recently had a huge pay reduction and was looking to cut corners and looked at Vivint (aswell as other bills) to try to cut the fat.

I wanted to cut off monitoring but still have the equipment hooked up since I payed for it!
but they have a contract that says 60 months that I signed on 6/7/2016
so I am locked in.

any how I just wanted to warn anyone looking at getting with them that thay will sneak in the contract if you don't read everything carefully, I just didn't SCROLL UP!!

this is the reply I sent their automated "customer feed back" form

"I recently got layed-off and your company if forcing me into stay with this rediculous contract. I don't want to defer it 3 months, I want to be released, no other reputable company these days has contracts. You should be ashamed of yourslves for this. I thought I was signing to restart my services (my fault) I didn't read the entire form your guy showed me on his hand held computer that I would have had to scroll up to see, I once again didn't read the entire form, I though it was just to acknowledge the installation and pay with my credit card. I will be posting this everywhere I can and let everyone know not to sign up with Vivint as they have 60 month contracts."

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones