• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lookout notifications won't clear after unrevoked

I rooted using unrevoked without installing a new ROM.

Now whenever Lookout does a scan I see multiple instances of "scanning xyz application" that won't go away. Or, I will see "Lookout scanned xxx applications" as well as "Lookout back up successful" but they won't clear.

Any suggestions?

I like Lookout but I had to uninstall it to stop this behavior.

Did you only recently use unrEVOked3 to get root access? And if so, did this problem only appear post root?

Is there anything else you've changed? ROM, Kernel, Radio, app2sd, permission settings?

As a troubleshooting step, you could factory reset and reinstall and see if the problem persists. Make sure you first nandroid backup. Then after investigating you can bring your phone fully restored to it's current state. (There are plenty of guides on nandroid backups on these forums, it's fairly easy)

If all else fails, try posting on the lookout support forums.

Upvote 0
This problem appeared after the root. I changed absolutely nothing after the root process - didn't even load a ROM.

I did uninstall and reinstall but it still happens.

I did a nandroid backup as the final step of the rooting process plus I did a full Titanium backup as well.

I installed BitDefender instead and it seems to be working fine. I didn't need Lookout for the backup and I had other apps to find my phone if it were to get lost. I liked Lookout but not enough to put up with that behavior.

Not terribly inclined to do a factory reset just to resolve that issue. If something else comes up I might consider it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones