• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Losing 3g after 10 minutes of tethering with Wireless Tether

AlexMason

Aug 28, 2010
It seems that if I use wireless tether after about 10 minutes internet seems to go down... I can ping a site fine but when I try to connect it just keeps loading... and loading... and loading. If I through it into airplane mode for a few seconds and pull it out it works fine for another 10 minutes or so.

Rom: Velocity 1.1

Thanks,
AlexMason

Mine likes to drop back to 1X frequently, even without tethering. I am wondering if it is something Verizon is doing with their towers? I once read that cell phones communicate their signal strength to the towers and if it is higher than some amount the tower will order the phone to actually cut back its signal. Now, if this seemingly good battery saving idea were to start malfunctioning on the tower end..................

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones