• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Losing signal. Help?

goshjosh

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2011
Hello! I've been noticing lately on my phone that I randomly stop getting signal until I toggle airplane mode on. It seems to happen when I don't use my phone for a while or when I switch from WiFi to 3g.

The phone shows it has signal, but it wont connect until I use the airplane mode. Anyone got any ideas why that's happening?

I started noticing it while using Angry Bean, so I switched to WFTN to see if that would fix it but nothing.

PACman also has this issue. I didnt know airplane mode toggling cures it though. Ive been rebooting my phone to fix the issue.

I think its all 4.2.2 ROMs that have this problem.

Ahhh okay. Well I've been using 4.2.2 roms since they started rolling out, and I don't remember coming across this issue. Maybe it's just been more obvious lately.

Yeah, toggling airplane mode on and off seems to bring back the signals for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones