• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost all my photos! [Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini]

Cameron354

Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Hi everyone. Basically, I had quite a lot of photos on my phone, with my phone set to store images on the device. I do have an SD card though and my older photos are stored on it. I also have some photos stored on dropbox and the dropbox folder appears in my gallery.

The problem: A few days ago I went into the "Camera" folder to delete a photo and I noticed that all but 10 older photos had vanished. Although, the photos that I had in a hidden folder were intact (I could view these by selecting "show hidden items"). I've looked in pretty much every folder in the "My files" app and can't locate the missing photos. I'm pretty sure that I didn't accidentally delete the folder when I tried to delete the image, as I don't think the image was there when I wanted to delete it. The strange thing is that when I take new photos, they go into a new "Camera" folder, so now I have two "Camera" folders.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones