• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Bluetooth Connection

YES!!!!!

I have an 09 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with Technology Package.

The randomly get "blue tooth connection interrupted". What makes me angry is...if this happens and you do not see it - the next time you go to use your phone - the phone thinks it is still connected to the car.

I had an LG Touch prior to this phone that worked perfectly with my car. No issues whatsoever.

The only way to correct the problem is to shut off bluetooth...and turn it back on.

I called Motorola. The guy told me to try something... He wanted me to put the phone in discovery mode...then make the car begin to conduct the pairing - then click on scan for devices. (You normally shouldn't have to put phone in discovery mode - you just have to scan for devices.) Anyway - this somehow caused the problem to happen less frequently. Once a day...instead of once every 10 minutes. I have NO idea why this is the case.

I know I paired my wifes phone to my car flawlessly...it just appears to be the Droid 3.

PLEASE call Motorola's tech support and bring it up. The more we bring it to their attention - the greater chance of getting a fix. I am very dependent on my bluetooth. It makes me angry to have a nice car...and a nice phone - but they won't work together!

Share more about your experiences regarding this issue please.

Upvote 0
I have a 2010 BMW 328 xi sedan and the Bluetooth never dropped a call with my Blackberry Tour over the past 2 years. Recently got the DROID 3 and this has been a constant problem since I got the device about 2 months ago, as I make lots of business and personal calls during frequent long drives. As others here describe, the call isn't lost -- just the handsfree is lost -- but then I need to unlock the phone and activate the speaker phone while driving (not good). Only way to re-activate hands-free is to turn the Bluetooth widget off and on to re-set. Motorola says to unpair/re-pair phone to car, but it doesn't help. They would like me to do a factory re-set, but I'd rather stick a small, sharp pin in my eye than re-set all the different POP and Exchange server emails now finally running (plus multiple apps). BMW says the problem is with the phone and Verizon has no idea what to do and says to speak to Motorola. You get the picture...I'm just glad to hear I'm not going crazy...Can someone from Motorola please take charge of this software glitch, wrestle it to the ground with Verizon and develop a solution? I'm starting to feel nostalgic about the Blackberry...Does anyone know if the recent DROID 3 software update to system version: 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US contain a fix for this problem (it's not clear from the announcement)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones