• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost contacts after first upgrade on Motorola Atrix

Help!

I recently bought a Motorola Atrix and after my first software update (which took one bloody month to complete via WiFi!), my contacts disappeared, with the exception of my Facebook contacts :mad:

After an attempt at Syncing my gmail contacts, they still did not appear:eek: I have no idea how to reconcile this information. I always save everything to my SIM card, but for some reason they are not located there, either.

On a side note, any way to unsync my FB contacts??

Any help is much appreciated! :eek:

Welcome to Android Forums. For the best support for your Atrix you should consider following this link. Motorola Atrix 4G - Android Forums That is a link to the sub forum where all the Atrix users can be found. They are more knowledgeable about your phone and will be best to help you. Good luck and thanks for choosing AF for your Android questions.

Reactions: MotorMouth_103
Upvote 0
Welcome to the AndroidForums, MotorMouth :).

Be sure that when you add a new contact, you tell it (the method various from phone to phone (i.e., version of Android)) to always sync / add your new contact with you Gmail account. That way, your accounts will always be available for restoration from Google's servers.

For example, for me, on my Droid X, there's this option in my Contact app:

Contacts -> menu -> More -> Settings -> Contact storage -> Choose an account to store new contacts (be sure to check the "remember this choice" checkbox if its available)

Then, in your Settings -> Accounts -> select account, be sure to select all of the apps that you want to auto-sync with.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers and again, welcome to AF!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones