• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost my DROID...old phone is WINDOWS based...now what?

mw4

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
hello...
I lost my cell phone today...an alcatel one touch fierce II powered by metroPCS. my old phone is a nokia 800 series running a Windows OS.
my question is...will my carrier...metroPCS...be able to port my number over to my old phone...???
(need to make calls as soon as tomorrow morning...to schedule work in order to make money...& am not sure which way to turn. the easiest would obviously be moving over to my old phone).
thanx
mw4

Well my first bit of advice would be try Android Device Manager. It might be able to locate your phone even you haven't activated it before.

Failing that it isn't a matter of porting your number. Porting is between carriers. You are looking to have the number reassigned to your old phone. The question there is if they can activate your phone on the network. Presuming it is a GSM MetroPCS phone and you have a SIM then the answer should be yes (if it isn't a MetroPCS phone, then maybe, but it gets more complicated) but really the only way to find out is call them up and ask (which considering the time sensitive nature of things, why are you waiting for a random reply on the Internet - why not just ask MetroPCS what your options are).

If they can't activate your phone though then your next best bet is going out and buying a replacement (cheap or otherwise). For what it is worth, with this option you don't have to stick with MetroPCS if you don't want to - you could have your number ported to any carrier and should happen in time for you to take calls in the morning (I'm just mentioning this in case you don't have MetroPCS stores or they are closed. I would just go to Walmart port my number to a cheap GoPhone or StraightTalk phone and straighten it out later, that is the beauty of being contract free).

Last edited:
Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones