• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I recently tried rooting my s4 GT 19507, rooting was successful but my phone started playing up, so inexperienced me thought the best thing to do was just unroot my phone. So i unrooted it. I also restored it back to factory reset. Well now i have all kinds of problems. In applications manager i cant see the google play store or play services. When i push the playstore icon on my home page it shows apps but when i install most apps it comes up saying. This app will be installed on your device soon. But then it doesnt show up. After a bit of reshearching i think my playstore apps updates have been uninstalled and its now set at tge first original version of the app 0.1. Someone please help. Im so confused.

I would try to factory wipe it again in recovery.Power it off,and hold Vol+,Home Button,and the power button all at one time..It should boot in recovery,and wipe cache,and factory reset.Then see if that corrects it.If not...go in to settings and verify the firmware version.I can't say this is the firmware you have..But it should guide you how to reflash it fresh with Odin.Hope it helps..

http://www.androidofficer.com/2015/11/i9507xxuhoj1-android-501-xxuhoj1.html

Upvote 0
I would try to factory wipe it again in recovery.Power it off,and hold Vol+,Home Button,and the power button all at one time..It should boot in recovery,and wipe cache,and factory reset.Then see if that corrects it.If not...go in to settings and verify the firmware version.I can't say this is the firmware you have..But it should guide you how to reflash it fresh with Odin.Hope it helps..

http://www.androidofficer.com/2015/11/i9507xxuhoj1-android-501-xxuhoj1.html
Thank you i will give it ago now. And see what happens..

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-43-41.png
I did the restore steps you suggested but the same problem is still there. When i put my google email in to create the personalisation on my device this comes up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones