• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love/hate relationship

veggiess

Nov 7, 2009
I have had the Hero for a week and have definitely developed a love/hate relationship with it. I upgraded from an original Instinct and certainly love all the apps and everything the Hero has to offer. HOWEVER, I have had so many problems with my service and basic necessary functions of the phone that I never did on my Instinct. I don't always get my text messages, and several times this week I've had to text 9999 'allow all' to get them working again. My voicemail doesn't always notify me when I get new messages and sometimes they are available when I dial 1 when not on the visual voicemail program. The battery life is horrible (we all know this), even when I'm not doing a darn thing on my phone most of the day. The keyboard is not always that easy to type on, and I can't even change the settings on my alarm clock (ie snooze every 5 min). I guess some of these are minor HTC phone complaints but the voicemail & text messages issues are service problems that did not exist on my Instinct and make me very upset.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones