• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

low available ram

The more RAM you use, the slower the phone gets. Even more than apps running, the amount (and size) of apps you have installed determines how much free RAM you'll have.
Try uninstalling some apps you don't use so much and remember to always do it through the "Market", because if you do it directly in the phone definitions, it will leave the installer behind.

Upvote 0
RAM is there to be used. Free RAM is actually wasted RAM in a way. I only use a task manager to kill apps if I notice a new app struggling to load. But in general Android seems to do a very good job of managing the memory.

There are apps out there that hog more memory than they should, but that's a different story.

Upvote 0
My biggest concern is that there are unnecessary programs running because battery life in tattoo isn't the best possible and extra programs will naturally shorten the battery life. Furthermore, available ram tend to decrease constantly when I use the phone: after a day it has gone from 115 to 75 but I guess that's normal. Rebooting the phone releases that loss again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones