• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low incall volume

I flashed havoc os 2.0 on my mi max 2. It has stereo speaker support. Since i ported to this rom, I can barely listen to someone on call from the ear piece and also the main speaker has decreased the volume level, but while playing normal songs, both the speakers sound loud. on googling, found that it is some low incall volume issue, some suggested changes in system/bin/etc directories but i couldn't find any. I have a rooted device. Can anyone help, i just registered for the same.. :)

I flashed havoc os 2.0 on my mi max 2. It has stereo speaker support. Since i ported to this rom, I can barely listen to someone on call from the ear piece and also the main speaker has decreased the volume level, but while playing normal songs, both the speakers sound loud. on googling, found that it is some low incall volume issue, some suggested changes in system/bin/etc directories but i couldn't find any. I have a rooted device. Can anyone help, i just registered for the same.. :)
you said that you "ported to this rom" does this mean you took a rom from another device and made it to work on your phone by porting and recoding it? or do you mean you "flashed" a custom rom and now you are having call volume isues? if so what custom rom did you flash? also do you have a custom recovery? if so did you make a nandroid backup?

Upvote 0
You might get a better, more relevant advice if you contact the Havoc OS developers, this sounds (no pun intended) to be more of a fundamental software matter.
If your audio levels were OK previously when using a stock firmware, it's not likely to be a hardware problem with your phone so if this is something that's occurring just after flashing this ROM, you might want to try re-flashing it again just to be sure.

Upvote 0
you said that you 'ported to this rom' does this mean you took a rom from another device and made it to work on your phone by porting and recoding it? or do you mean you 'flashed' a custom rom and now you are having call volume isues? if so what custom rom did you flash? also do you have a custom recovery? if so did you make a nandroid backup?

Sorry for the mis-communication, i flashed havoc 2.0 for mi max 2 only( unofficial ) no porting done. The volume issues have come after this rom i started using. Before this, i was using fresh miui on the device. Have custom recovery installed TWRP. Also took a nandroid backup of miui i used before. But it fails when restoring.. :-(

Upvote 0
You might get a better, more relevant advice if you contact the Havoc OS developers, this sounds (no pun intended) to be more of a fundamental software matter.
If your audio levels were OK previously when using a stock firmware, it's not likely to be a hardware problem with your phone so if this is something that's occurring just after flashing this ROM, you might want to try re-flashing it again just to be sure.

Thanks! It is software problem for sure as it was not before and this is the first rom I've installed..
And also I've reflashed the rom but same, thanks for the advice

Upvote 0
Sorry for the mis-communication, i flashed havoc 2.0 for mi max 2 only( unofficial ) no porting done. The volume issues have come after this rom i started using. Before this, i was using fresh miui on the device. Have custom recovery installed TWRP. Also took a nandroid backup of miui i used before. But it fails when restoring.. :-(
are you wiping correctly before restoring back?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones