• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low memory on Samsung galaxy ace

Koolbabu

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hi people this is my first post out here, hope y'all will be able to help me out with my issue.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830) around 9 months old.
I've Rooted the phone and upgraded it to android version 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
I have an 8 gb sd card installed of which i have 3.15 gb free memory left, i've installed a lot of apps, songs,pictures and other multimedia on it.
My device has 7 home pages filled with widgets, and 13 application pages (12 and a half to be precise)
I did not face any problems whatsoever initially but i am now facing one i.e with my internal memory (Having just over 3 mb/180mb left..and the device starts giving the error, the moment you cross below 18mb of internal storage) I was trying to update and sync my contacts with the ones on facebook...something which i hadn't done before.
So basically my device is capable of doing almost everything an android device should/can possibly do...but alas! now due to this internal memory issue i can't receive any messages.
What a pity having such an amazing phone, capable of doing almost anything or rather everything, but which can't receive a single message :(
Please can someone be kind enough to help me out with this problem, that is tell me some way by which i can receive messages without having to delete any of my data (which includes apps)
I mean there is a good 3 MB left in the phone, and an even more astounding amount of storage on my SD card amounting to 3.15 GB approx. and messages don't take anything more than a few kilobytes at the max.
This is the only problem that i'm facing with my device, but a pretty annoying one at that too....Would be really grateful for any kind of help, Thank-you in advance [P.S-My device runs on stock ROM, not flashed with any custom ROM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones