• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low on space Samsung Galaxy s2 rooted

DrBudgie

Lurker
Mar 22, 2012
Hi There,
My s2 keeps on reminding me I am low on space but if I add up all the installed apps including the ones that came with the phone it amounts to just 230Mb on 2G system storage? Also, I have transferred all the apps to the SD card which is 8Gb:thinking: Is this going to lead to a factory reset? Why does this happen? So many questions, perhaps there is an App that can wipe free space..I don't know.:(

First of all welcome to Android Forums!

I am glad that you registered so that I can ask you to report back some info for me. Do you use google play music? I have noticed that the cache of music does tend to save in the internal memory. You may also be using other apps that are saving large amounts of cache and data.

The first thing you should check is in the settings under storage... there is a chart breakdown of storage space and different categories of things that are taking up space. Can you report back what that list looks like for you? A screenshot would work, or just write out what you see there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones