• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low on Storage Space? Have tried several things...

ALdroid86

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Good evening,

I'm new to the Android boards, so hello! :) I see that many others have posted about low storage space, and I've read through them, but still seem to be getting the low storage space (and a notification that I can't receive incoming messages). I go through and delete apps, which clears it up for awhile, but I get the message two days (or so) later.

My confusion is that I seem to have a fair amount of space available on my phone. I have about 60 apps (including those that come with the phone, camera, car home, etc.), 41.25MB of internal space on the phone, and 14.34 (out of 14.83 available) MB space on my SD card. :thinking: It seems that there are many people who have a lot more apps (and less memory) than that.

I've tried...

• Clearing the cache for everything.
  • Deleting several apps (although I hate to keep deleting apps when I seems I have enough space on my phone.)
  • Transferring what apps I could to the SD card (only several would transfer.)
  • I've deleted several threads in my message box, although I'd prefer not to delete all of them. I'd like to try and find a solution, seeing as I have so much free space, without deleting all of my messages.
Does anyone have any further advice they can offer? Thank you in advance for you help! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones