• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mail "Account Deleted" message after I set it up

Meus Android

Dec 6, 2009
I was just entering my hotmail account details using the settings provided by a member here and it verifies nicely. When I enter the Mail app however it says that the "account for this widget has been deleted. Would you like to switch to another account?" When I select Yes it just leads me back to my account Inbox - the same account it claims was deleted :thinking: This account was created using the Manual IMAP option.

Earlier today when I just put my details in normally, without selecting Manual, it was working okay - although the sync was a problem. At least, however, it had a notification icon on the App when I got a new email.

But strangely after I wait a few minutes going back to that account inbox, it does show my emails. What can I do to stop this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones