• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mail problems

rustynuts

Nov 1, 2009
kent, UK
Had my phone a little while now its with t mobile i have set up two emails account on the phone they are tiscali acoounts, when i set the accounts out i had to change the outgoing address to t-email rather than tiscali as mail would not send unless connected to my wifi so when out and about it sends fine but once its connected to wifi i cant send any i have to turn it off and send via mobile internet.

lol did that make any sense at all:) and is there any solutions for this problem, i imagine its something straight forward that i seem to be missing:eek:

It's standard security practice to prevent connection to outgoing mail servers from outwith the 'home' network. I use Google Mail to get round this - my various mailboxes are forwarded to my GMail account and replies are sent via that service.

:Dcheers for the help that didnt take long too sort out i suppose i have to delete the accounts i set up on the hero and just use the google one otherwise i would get double emails, is that right?

Upvote 0
Set it up from your Google Mail web page, under Settings (I think). There are quite a few options, one of which is for replies to use the original To: address which makes the process transparent to your correspondents.

You shouldn't have to delete accounts in the Mail app, just disable fetching (or whatever it's called - haven't used it in months). That way you've still got the option to use it manually if required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones