• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MailDroid back to basics

GMail IMAP push works just fine with Maildroid.

With the stock Samsung launcher the icon doesn't seem to show a count badge (based on a quick test - first time in a year I've used that launcher, and hopefully the last ;)). But as the previous poster (the app developer) has said the app does have a little widget that displays the unread mail count, which will do the same job.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Hi maildroiddev,

Long time user.

Was just trying to copy emails from one IMAP folder to another, and didn't see a way to do that?

I see in the list of emails where you can swipe left and there are three circular icons:
1.a folder with a down arrow
2.a 4 way direction arrow
3.a garbage can

Now, both 1 and 2 seem to me to do the same thing, move the message. Is one of those options supposed to be copy?

Upvote 0
I have been using MaildDroid for years just to quickly monitor email from multiple accounts using combined mailbox to alert me to anything that needs priority attention. Otherwise I immediately delete all the email on the phone but not on the server as I plan to deal with the email on a laptop when I am ready to. I would like to suggest a feature that would be useful given the way I use maildroid. I would like a completely separate combined mailbox that I can easily manually send messages to that I mark for priority interest. The idea is that I might accumulate them until I deal with them but still be able to delete all the other messages that come in without having to mark or unmark the ones I decided to keep for a while. Later of course I will want to delate the priority messages as well. Alternately this could be done simply by offering a multiple state checkbox where the checkboxes can be toggled between not checked, checked for deletion or checked for priority retention. When check is performed by selecting check all or automatic, it would not change priority marked messages. Only manually checkmark toggling individually prioritized check marked messages would do that so they wont get deleted before desired. Note I prefer this method instead of trying sanebox.

Upvote 0
I have been using MaildDroid for years just to quickly monitor email from multiple accounts using combined mailbox to alert me to anything that needs priority attention. Otherwise I immediately delete all the email on the phone but not on the server as I plan to deal with the email on a laptop when I am ready to. I would like to suggest a feature that would be useful given the way I use maildroid. I would like a completely separate combined mailbox that I can easily manually send messages to that I mark for priority interest. The idea is that I might accumulate them until I deal with them but still be able to delete all the other messages that come in without having to mark or unmark the ones I decided to keep for a while. Later of course I will want to delate the priority messages as well. Alternately this could be done simply by offering a multiple state checkbox where the checkboxes can be toggled between not checked, checked for deletion or checked for priority retention. When check is performed by selecting check all or automatic, it would not change priority marked messages. Only manually checkmark toggling individually prioritized check marked messages would do that so they wont get deleted before desired. Note I prefer this method instead of trying sanebox.

Thanks for the feedback, let me see what I can do here.

Upvote 0
I have been using MailDroid Pro for years now.
It is the best I have found for Android (And no iPhone eMail app is as good as MailDroid Pro either imho)

One of the things I like best is; the ability to swipe right (moves all emails in an account right) and then you can just swipe down to select Emails to Delete - Mark Read etc.

I have never found any other eMail app that makes it so easy for dealing with multiple emails like this.

I was about to post that I am not getting Badge Counst (for ANYthing - but I forgot that Nova needs an app called TeslaUnread to have Badge Counts!

Thanks MailDroid!

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I have been using maildroid Pro for a few years with the spam plug in because I have a pop3 account. I have been happy with it. The only problem (and it is a big one) is that I get a notification upon receipt of all emails, including spam (the notification comes before the spam is moved successfully to the spam folder) this is clearly rediculous. If there is anything a way to sort this out I would be most grateful . It is especially annoying if you have the phone hooked up to any type of wearable . Ping there goes maildroid telling me I have received another spam email... Again... Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones