• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make sure you know whats on your SD!

Jul 22, 2010
I went to Verizon yesterday to see if I could get my Droid 3 keyboard fixed (the a was frequently not working) which isn't too big of a deal at first but I mean it gets pretty annoying having to go back on words and press "A" like 3 times to get it in there. Enough of that. Anyways, The employee was messing around with the keyboard and stuff, and she said "What is this?" I replied "what?" "Z4Root?" I was like OHHH SHIIIIIIIIII... Anyways she was pretty cool about it cause my phone was not rooted and she could tell and I explained to her that my old phone was and that I have all my apps in my SD so it probably transferred. She made sure I took it off and went on to claim the manufacture defected phone . I wanted to tell you guys this just in case you got something on your SD that sorta kinda VOIDS THE WARRANTY. I'm lucky and got a chill employee who simply took it off. So make sure anything root is OFF your SD.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones