• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Makeup - is it fair?

some people.. way over thing it.

It is light post .. something to talk about. discuss. and you have your right to your opinion..
I don't have time to fully explain my full view.. all the small and larger parts of a subject.
sayin that shallow because of 1 point of view is .. narrow minded.

I know there is more to a woman. but this is only about Makeup.
not about her dreams and character and world peace!

and if don't like my post... aint no one making anyone read or post a response.

I saw the blog of how makeup can change some women. the link in OP.
it made me think.. that don't look fair.
that was it.

:) chill
:p

Upvote 0
if don't like my post... aint no one making anyone read or post a response.

And if you're not prepared to deal with criticism, don't post in the first place.

From the Site Rules:

These forums were put together for Android fans to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way; not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think; but do it in a constructive, positive, 'add to the conversation' kinda way; not the condescending 'I don't like what you're saying so you suck' kinda way. We encourage mature debates; discourage childish arguments.

If you're not willing to engage in discussion then feel free to say so and I'll gladly close the topic to save on valuable bandwidth.

Upvote 0
Take it easy my friend dan :)

I for one love you buddy!

I know how hectic everything can get and how silly everyone can be buddy... take it easy my pal :)

I don't want to see you cry! I so seriously know how dangerous it is to make someone feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed... maybe because I have had it so much in my life too.... rejection is a horrible thing buddy... trust me I know how dangerous it is to push somebody like that...

I want you to feel welcomed dude! :)

Just listen to this song with me for a second... I dig you buddy... just forget the haters and smile with me :)

COME ON BRO :D

I love you man! :)

I dig you bro :)

Why cant we all be friends? :)

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
I think this entire topic is just stupid at this point.

Who gives me, you, or anyone the right to determine if a woman is "ugly" or not, and if makeup get make her look "pretty"
Then you have a poster who then apparently feels it is necessary to give women a numeric value based off of her looks (1 to 10 I assume).

It's a sad day when no one sees anything wrong with this.
Lighten up, women do the same thing. Ever listen to a room of ladies get to talking about Ryan Gosling?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do also have .. right to post my opinion!

Yes you have, just as others have the right to disagree. You don't own AF, so you've got no say in what is posted. That's a Staff job, and so long as it's on-topic and complies with The Rules it's allowable. Period.

Nobody is contesting your right to free speech, so why are you contesting others the right of reply?

Upvote 0
did you look at my post.. the link .. ugly to hot!!!
I looked at a few of them. I hate those type of sites that make you load a whole new page just to see the next picture. The ones I looked at, the makeup made their features stand out more, but they didn't necessarily look dramatically better to me. I noticed in the ones without makeup the ladies just looked kind of tired lol.

Upvote 0
Lighten up, women do the same thing. Ever listen to a room of ladies get to talking about Ryan Gosling?:rolleyes:

True. As for who gives us the right to determine if anyone is 'pretty' or 'ugly', well that's a right everyone has isn't it? It's a free country and we can all make subjective judgements on anything we like. If you want to score people on a scale of 1-10 based on their looks, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Upvote 0
I love Nigella and she never wears any make up!!! :D

She is the love of my life and she smells like rotten eggs :)

(Psst! Nigella is the beautiful naughty Pit Bull Piglet on the right! :D)

I thought for a second you were talking about this Nigella, and I doubt she smells of rotten eggs

Nigella_Lawson_photo.jpg

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Ryan who? :p

Actually I'm serious, I'd have to google him to see which actor this even is, but I don't care enough to even bother. I'm assuming he's some blonde guy?
Well, if you're too lazy to Google him, don't expect me to do it for you. :p
So who's your hot celebrity, then? That Thor guy who makes women pretend they like superhero movies? ;)

Upvote 0
I think this entire topic is just stupid at this point.

Who gives me, you, or anyone the right to determine if a woman is "ugly" or not, and if makeup get make her look "pretty"
Then you have a poster who then apparently feels it is necessary to give women a numeric value based off of her looks (1 to 10 I assume).

It's a sad day when no one sees anything wrong with this.
This is always funny to me. We give people value for their minds, and skills, and so on as well, and we devalue people who have none of these things, and that is seen as perfectly okay, but you go and get uppity on the looks? Kinda BS if you ask me. People rate the things they like and dislike. That is unavoidable. The deeper issue is that the value of a person is in what they have, not what they are on a deeper level. But I am no Ghandi either, and this issue gets complex after this point and I need sleep but cant... And I suppose " El Great Creatorio" gave us the right, since we do it anyway and no one can stop the judgement. May he smite us all! :p

Upvote 0
I'm sure I've seen the guy before, but I don't know him by name. My whole point was to whoever mentioned him in the first place, not all women think he's so hot. Although to be fair, I'm also assuming he's young enough to be my son [emoji14]

I'll look up that movie, I'm always looking for good movies to watch, thanks!

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones